• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1114 Power steering issue??

hedcrash

I have a newly purchaed M1114 with hydraulic winch, I say that as I am learning about the hydraulics still. My issue is I have a hose that when purchased was disconnected so trying to get it fixed up and not damage anything:) The hose appears to come out of the hydraulic selector (if I am correct) its the hose on top in the picture and goes nowhere. I already have hose to my fan shroud so thats not it and at the base of the fan where a T juction is on an M1151 this model doesnt have one. So I am wondering where it goes?? I thought it was power steering but have not found the correct place for connection. Please help:)

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WELCOME to the SS forums!!
Here is the troubleshooting guide for the winch, it has hydraulic schematics for the steering system (fig 3 or 7 if you have the remote reservoir), I hope this will help.
It could be several things including someone bypassing the cooler in the rear diff which I understand is somewhat common, but I have no experience with this model.

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone knows is the first picture above the pressure relief valve or the valve body assembly. ??Thanks all
[/QUOTE
It looks like the relief valve the valve body has wires to the solenoids that activate the valves.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Figure 4 is what the valve body should look like, it has 4 hoses. (not shown in fig 4)

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have a diagram or TM link please let me know so I can learn where to plug in. Appreciate all the help here.
All the information you should need is in the attachment I posted above. What 86humv is referring to is the pressure relief valve in the figures 3 and 7 depending if you have a remote PS pump reservoir (fig 7) or not (fig3), this regulates the flow to the rear diff.
This is the best hose and flow schematic I have found for a truck with a winch. (but others may have something better.)
Where does the disconnected hose go? simply follow it.

hedcrash

With all the above posts and comments I did find the hose and where it is 'supposed' to connect just odd my truck does not have the T junction to connect to. This is the closest diagram that explains it all.Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 17-46-21 9-2320-387-20-xx.PDF - mwo-9-2320-387-20-1.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks