• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1114 project

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IIRC… Bead shape of old style truck tires is more diagonal when seen in section.

Bead shape of civilian tires is more square.

Info read by me on this forum. I might have it wrong.

Nutman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks everyone for the replies, I think I’ll try to contact Interco tire tomorrow. Also I plan on shooting it with some rapco 383 on Friday so we’ll see how that goes. It was quite the ordeal just to find xylene today in the Democratic People’s Republic of California. I ended up at sherwin Williams and had to buy 5 gallons of it so that was my highlight today. My gut tells me I’ll be reshooting it this fall because it’ll be too glossy for me. At this point I already have the paint so I’ll try it at least.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Thanks everyone for the replies, I think I’ll try to contact Interco tire tomorrow. Also I plan on shooting it with some rapco 383 on Friday so we’ll see how that goes. It was quite the ordeal just to find xylene today in the Democratic People’s Republic of California. I ended up at sherwin Williams and had to buy 5 gallons of it so that was my highlight today. My gut tells me I’ll be reshooting it this fall because it’ll be too glossy for me. At this point I already have the paint so I’ll try it at least.

Squirt a test spot give it a week and judge the outcome 🎨(y)(n) There are flattening agents to tame the gloss down.

Shooting the whole rig might be like a shot to the foot. When all done might be hard to walk away from, CAMO

Nutman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Squirt a test spot give it a week and judge the outcome 🎨(y)(n) There are flattening agents to tame the gloss down.

Shooting the whole rig might be like a shot to the foot. When all done might be hard to walk away from, CAMO
Thanks CAMO, I have to get it done this week with the farming schedule and my wife due in a couple weeks. Do you have any suggestions on flattening agents for the Gillespie paint?

Nutman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the weather was decent today and I had a meeting canceled so I went ahead and shot it. My buddy was generous enough to let me use his paint booth which is a first for me, I’m not sure I can do without in the future haha. More pictures hopefully tomorrow.

Nutman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the Goodyear mtr sidewalls are cracking out, as soon as I feel like spending the money I’ll be trying the interco tires out. According to the guy I talked to at interco they are made in the USA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks