• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1120A2 - What a shame!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have heard from guys in the military that it is much easier (translation = less paperwork and justification) to scrap a truck rather than turn it in. These guys (one NG and the other active duty) told me that the paperwork and scrutiny is more intense if they are turning a truck in as opposed to scrapping. Not sure if that was the case here, but the truck did not look THAT bad.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have heard from guys in the military that it is much easier (translation = less paperwork and justification) to scrap a truck rather than turn it in. These guys (one NG and the other active duty) told me that the paperwork and scrutiny is more intense if they are turning a truck in as opposed to scrapping. Not sure if that was the case here, but the truck did not look THAT bad.
When I was a trans unit at Fort McClellan we turned in our 800 series 5 tons for the new 900 series. They all had to be inspected by Third Shop Maintainence, have all of their Basic Issue Items, be running (unless they were deadlined), have serviceable tires and be driven or towed to DRMO. If the cost to repair a vehicle exceeds it's value then it can be coded out and turned in without any BII and not running. I have heard that some trucks were "tweaked" to make them inoporable so they could get the bum's rush out the Motor Pool gate.

I was watching that truck and it looked like it had either been rolled over or been used in a vehicle recovery course.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks