• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1123 Doors & Soft Top Fitment Issues

Derrinh

I’m having an issue with fitting doors and soft top rails on my m1123. Basically it seems like the windshield frame is at too harsh an angle if that makes sense...explained further below...

Door Fitting Issue:
I have the fiberglass x-doors from Midwest military. On the front doors, I can’t get them far enough forward (toward the front of the vehicle) on the hinges because they get caught up on the top corner where the door meets the windshield frame.

Soft Top Rail Issue:
The rails fit fine between the b and c-pillars but they’re almost an inch off of the windshield frame mount (too long). And they’re definitely on the correct side as I’ve tried both to be positive.

These together led me to think maybe the windshield frame is at too harsh an angle but I’m sure there could be something else going on? Anyone have ideas or experienced anything similar? Maybe there’s a way to shim the windshield frame more upright a bit? If it’s helpful at all, my windshield frame has the quick release pins.

Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

M371954

Derrinh, did this work? I am having a similar issue and my "Don't Break It" mind set is keeping me from digging in further. Need to get it set up.

M371954

Loosen the screws on the inner hinge leaves and see if you can push the windshield until the rails fit.
NDT, I also read on another thread that you should start from the front and work back. Does that mean that The B pillar shoudl be adjusted before adjusting the windshield? I've started with the inside leaf bolts and it's has loosened the windshield. I'm concerned with I tighten them again that I will bend the side rails.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NDT, I also read on another thread that you should start from the front and work back. Does that mean that The B pillar shoudl be adjusted before adjusting the windshield? I've started with the inside leaf bolts and it's has loosened the windshield. I'm concerned with I tighten them again that I will bend the side rails.
Not sure how to adjust the b pillar other than something violent. Maybe you can put shims under the leafs if they are not flush anymore.

M371954

Not sure how to adjust the b pillar other than something violent. Maybe you can put shims under the leafs if they are not flush anymore.
Right on... violence is typically bad and gets expensive quickly (LOL). A standard aluminum plate should work fine in these examples I am guessing. In order for the to move the windshield forward, I will have to loosen both the center and right side brackets, then place the shims and tighten. I will give it a shot.

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m having an issue with fitting doors and soft top rails on my m1123. Basically it seems like the windshield frame is at too harsh an angle if that makes sense...explained further below...

Door Fitting Issue:
I have the fiberglass x-doors from Midwest military. On the front doors, I can’t get them far enough forward (toward the front of the vehicle) on the hinges because they get caught up on the top corner where the door meets the windshield frame.

Soft Top Rail Issue:
The rails fit fine between the b and c-pillars but they’re almost an inch off of the windshield frame mount (too long). And they’re definitely on the correct side as I’ve tried both to be positive.

These together led me to think maybe the windshield frame is at too harsh an angle but I’m sure there could be something else going on? Anyone have ideas or experienced anything similar? Maybe there’s a way to shim the windshield frame more upright a bit? If it’s helpful at all, my windshield frame has the quick release pins.

Any help is much appreciated.
If your truck did not have a top installed when you got it I believe the A frame may have settled to the rear. I experienced the same problem with one of my trucks. I used some large clamps with the pads reversed to pry the frames apart. It worked but I also had to go back later when I discovered that the wiper contacts no longer made contact! While you have it apart it might be a good time to adjust the contacts. My two cents.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks