• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1123 Fill Up

avman

I filled up my new M1123 for the first time and when is was topped off, it over flowed some where from the tank.

Is this normal? My m998 does not do this?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fuel should only flow up to the IP and back into the tank.

911joeblow

Filler pipe hose to tank is common culprit. I have had 75% of them being bad when I get a new truck.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I worked on some equipment that came out of long term storage, and we changed alot of the gaskets on the top of the tank. In the parts photo, the item is #10

Screenshot_1.jpg

avman

I will check both out tonight.

IS there a difference between the A2 parts or are they the same as a M998 and M998A1?

Also what TM manual did you find the tank picture?

rhinob

Filler pipe hose to tank is common culprit. I have had 75% of them being bad when I get a new truck.
When I received mine it leaked as well. Filler pipe hose was both loose and the support bracket was disconnected at one end. Reconnected / tightened, voila - no leak.

Action

...... it over flowed some where from the tank.

Is this normal? My m998 does not do this?
I am still trying to figure out where it leaked from...
was it near the fill port? in the niddle? under the front right door?
Are you adding more fuel after the pump stops?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would lay on the ground and look for the wet spot.

Behr

Odds are it's the joint between the tank and the filler tube. The rubber fernco like coupling gets old and loose. Tighten up the band clamps and you should be good. Need a long screwdriver to get at one of them

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks