• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1123 Radio mounting rack

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking for the one piece radio mounting rack and all I can find is 12340167. I found one on a auction site but they are asking 180 new. Is there a cheaper way to get a mount maybe like the two piece units. My truck already has the mounting feet installed. Attached is picture of 12340167

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a top tray. There are 2 options to expand.

Using a bottom tray that will bolt to your existing feet. You then need another set of feet on top of the bottom tray and the top tray will bolt to the new set of feet. The top tray ears have 2 set of holes so it can bolt to the dash with or without a bottom tray.

Option 2 is a mid level shelf that will bolt under the top shelf and to the sides on the legs of the top shelf. Top tray will bolt to existing feet and uses the top bolt holes on the ears. Advantage is that is lower than the double full trays.

I can help with option 2 if interested. Send pm.

blutow

That is a top tray. There are 2 options to expand.

Using a bottom tray that will bolt to your existing feet. You then need another set of feet on top of the bottom tray and the top tray will bolt to the new set of feet. The top tray ears have 2 set of holes so it can bolt to the dash with or without a bottom tray.

Option 2 is a mid level shelf that will bolt under the top shelf and to the sides on the legs of the top shelf. Top tray will bolt to existing feet and uses the top bolt holes on the ears. Advantage is that is lower than the double full trays.

I can help with option 2 if interested. Send pm.
Is this the "bottom" tray (Part number 12340581)? I assume this bolts into the holes on top of a m1123 dash and it's tall enough for the feet to go into the 2 mounts on the tunnel? Does the top tray shown above bolt onto this?
1646362493662.png

1646362750380.png

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this the "bottom" tray (Part number 12340581)? I assume this bolts into the holes on top of a m1123 dash and it's tall enough for the feet to go into the 2 mounts on the tunnel? Does the top tray shown above bolt onto this?
View attachment 860596

View attachment 860597
That isn't tall enough. This is what it looks like mounted in HMMWV.

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes. Way to tell is the short legs and the top ears are bent in a L to bolt underneath.

There are different ones that basically have the pre drilled holes in different locations depending on what radio or gizmo goes on it and the cable pass through hole in different configurations.

You have to have a top tray to use a bottom tray but a top tray can be used by itself.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another view of the first part number I lisited. I was trying to figure out if they only made one version of this. If so they are like hens teeth for some reason now. Govplanet had sold over 100 last year.

There is a guy on ebay that has some but wants 110 to ship. Nuts

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes that is a top tray with the long legs.

Scarse because they have to be removed for demill and usually come off before vehichle turned in at unit as they keep the tray and mounts etc with the radios.

Also everyone wants a top tray now as none come with gp units.

I had a bunch of top and bottom trays I sold off reasonable. Now could get double or triple from a few years ago.

Hindsight 😎

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crazy world of uncle rules is that trays and antenna mounts need to be removed for demill but they are not restricted when sold removed from the trucks or nos surplus.

Demill items removed has to be destroyed and verified destruction.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crazy world of uncle rules is that trays and antenna mounts need to be removed for demill but they are not restricted when sold removed from the trucks or nos surplus.

Demill items removed has to be destroyed and verified destruction.

Kinda like when Hagerty Insurance asked me if my truck was demilled, I laughed and told them they even took away my water fording capabilities! :ROFLMAO: But you can go and buy the few pieces they destroy and be back in business.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How does the upper tray attach on a M1123 where there are no mounting holes on the face of the dash? Are there angle brackets from the top holes or do you drill new holes to mount it?
Should already be two studs with nuts on them. I'll get pic later

blutow

Should already be two studs with nuts on them. I'll get pic later
ON the dash? The only holes I see on mine are on top, but I'm not really clear on how these mount.

1646421244494.png

I think some versions (998's?) have mounting holes in the front?
1646420942178.png

looks like maybe some brackets here that I need
1646421083522.png

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the turbos have extension brackets to the dash and a raised ledge bracket for the feet.

On the basic models without ac the duct on the dash has 2 well/nuts that are threaded 1/4 for the bolts. Not sure on a/c models but I suspect there are 2 rivet nuts on the dash to take the bolts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks