• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1123 Starter Rebuild Manual

dlr2112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Day all,
My starter has progressively begun to fail to engage the engine. When I start the truck, the starter will spin but not make contact with the flywheel (flex plate?). I'm not sure if this is just an adjustment of a sign of the solenoid failing?. The truck is 2000, and I believe this is the original starter. I purchased this directly from GovPlanet in 2019. I am struggling to find an assembly manual for these starters. I just don't want to throw something that seems to be this well built out without trying to repair/rebuild it. Eventually, after 3-5 tries, it will engage and start the truck. Also, once everything has warmed up, it seems to be more reliable than when cold. Is it worth trying to fix? I hope so. Thank you for any input. I usually check in about twice a week.
Dave/

dlr2112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DLR,

Starters were never at the operator or unit level repairable. They were pluck and chuck items. At the DS level, they repaired Starters, and if you go to TM 9-2320-289-34, TM page # 646 or PDF page # 380, you can make yourself smart on the repair and testing of starters.
Thank You, Guyfang.
lol.... Pluck-n-Chuck... I never heard that before.. With all of my readings, that was my impression, too. I will refer to your TM 9-2320-289-34. I was able to view TM 9-2320-280-24P-1 which gave the assembly sequence, but no assemble detail. Maybe between the 2 TM sections, I'll try disassembling the rascal. I can either really break it or maybe fix it?. Thanks and Cheers! Dave/

Guyfang

Staff member
Dave,

The -34 TM shows how, (kinda) to take it apart. Its not real hard. No, I have never done that starter, but they are all kinda the same. Take your time and lay the parts out on a WHITE towel in the order you took them out/off. Have you down loaded the -34?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks