• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1123 transmission issues

kingConan

Hi there,
I haven't been on here for a bit. I had a transmission issue with my 4L80E, and it appears that water has gotten into it. Long story short, had it rebuilt and ready to install. I still cannot figure out how anything got into the transmission other than an issue with the transmission/engine oil cooler. My question is, can a different cooler work on these? The OEM ones are spendy! It looks like a basic GM setup with horizontal tubes and different sections for the oil and transmission. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

williamh

Doesn’t it have a separate transmission cooler ?
are you loosing antifreeze ? Was water leaking from the lines while the transmission was out ? You could do a pressure test on the cooler , put about 80psi on it and see if it dropped after a while. I don’t see why you couldn’t add or replace the cooler with an aftermarket one. Been doing it for decades on regular cars.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks