• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M113 vs M548 motor accessories difference!

militaro

Hi,

Could anyone help me with my M113A2 restoration project? The power pack I have to rebuilt my M113 is from a M548, plenty of pieces are not the same.

The motor have a Glow plug module that the M113 doesn't have.(the M113 motor pics I saw, all have the air pump priming systems.

Also do you know of anybody who have M113 motor parts like, hydraulic tank, fuel filter, alternator bracket?

Thank's to all.

Jeepsinker

Can you use just the base engine ( complete motor less accessories) from the 548 and just add the 113 accessories you have to it, or do you have two different engines?

Jeepsinker

Probably a typo. You are much better off with the 6v than the old gasser anyway. These parts that you are looking for are somewhat scarce. It may be in your interest to retrofit the 113 to accept the 548 pack in it's entirety. Not that the parts cannot be found, but it may push your progress back by years.

militaro

Hi,

Yes it's already back by years but I'm already looking for those parts as i'm still at the body stage!!! I know I will be able to run it with the M548 Pack anyway! I keep my eyes open for all I could get!

Thank's

Jeepsinker

Try contacting SECO in Augusta Georgia. I understand that they have a fair amount of armor parts. They may be able to help you. Let us know how it goes. By the way, would you mind posting a couple of pictures of your project here? I would love to see it. I'm sure others would as well. And you know, EWamarine has a functioning M113.

Jeepsinker

I couldn't tell you why. Go to the website help section and read up on some of the picture posting threads. You'll be lucky if they don't post upside down once they do post. That's why I don't post pics really. Too much trouble, and I do everything from my phone.

jdmcm

I have a takeout M113 6V53 engine, surplus Canadian Forces. Engine is complete, located in Western Canada, pm me if you are interested.

Regards
John

blhar15

Our M113 has the Detroit 6V53, if I were going to start with a different engine I would use the newer turbo version like the newer M113's get, 6V53T.