• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1152 ECV (not rev) Turbo Serpentine Belt

phedge

Hello,

I have been reading on this form for a while, but this is my first post.
I recently jumped into ownership and obtained a 2006 build M1152 Turbo with A/C (not red dot).
2nd owner post auction.

I am working on a few maintenance items. The prior owner did a great job doing most everything the truck needed.
However the serpentine belt appears original, and due to age I would like to replace it.
Everything I have read on this form and other places seems to point to a 114" belt.
So, I purchased a 114" belt. Please correct me if I am wrong on the size, otherwise it will be trial and error I guess.

My question is, is there any tips or tricks you can provide me on doing the replacement? What is easiest to remove in order to get the belt off?
Looks like you release tension somewhere then likely have to disconnect the fan. Anything else I am missing?

I appreciate any advice!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the SS forums, you do not have to disconnect the fan clutch on a serpentine belt setup.

phedge

Welcome to the SS forums, you do not have to disconnect the fan clutch on a serpentine belt setup.
Thank You Mogman, I was thinking that was the case. but got some conflicting info.
Next I need to find the best place to take tension off, and Hopefully I have the right size belt.

Next will transmission fluid and filter change, and transfer case fluid change.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The clearance between my fan blades and belt is so small that the flat "belt tool" worked better than a traditional round handled cheater bar. BYMWV

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been able to go from the driver's side and press down hard on the serpentine belt at the idler pulley on that side where the belt runs underneath, and that was enough force to slip the belt off from under that idler. The belt then had enough slack to take off from the other top idler then everything else. I've done this on both the pre and post 196900 belt systems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks