• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1152 fan clutch is kicking my as@!

Muttmutt

IMG_5627.jpegM1152 fan clutch is kicking my ass!! Ill take any and all ideas. I need 90 psi here and im not getting it to disengage the fan clutch. I have a new module , gold pressure valve and heat sensor on the truck. Fan clutch is fine, when I apply air pressure to the hose it releases just fine. There is also a new power steering pump on the truck. Brakes are fine and steering is perfect , no noise when you turn the wheel so its not air bound. I’m stumped!! I am confident in the new US parts that i put on the truck and i have worked on a few in my time. Thanks john murray tnjmurray.com

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there 24V going into the cadillac valve? If no power, then it won't disengage the clutch.

2 places that it gets power, through the TDM and the thermoswitch. If either fails then you'll either get voltage 100% of the time or 0% of the time.

Check for power going into the thermoswitch, and continuity through the switch.

Muttmutt

Is there 24V going into the cadillac valve? If no power, then it won't disengage the clutch.

2 places that it gets power, through the TDM and the thermoswitch. If either fails then you'll either get voltage 100% of the time or 0% of the time.

Check for power going into the thermoswitch, and continuity through the switch.
I will check all that. Thanks john murray

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks