• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1152 Hardtop install?

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My m1152 has hardtop windshield mounts, and I'm looking at installing factory hardtop no turret as in picture. I have done searches for hmmwv hardtop c pillar but can't find any info other than slantback hardtop mounts. Anyone have a part number for a hardtop c pillar without slantback? Or do you use the soft top c pillar?

Action

My m1152 has hardtop windshield mounts, and I'm looking at installing factory hardtop no turret as in picture. I have done searches for hmmwv hardtop c pillar but can't find any info other than slantback hardtop mounts. Anyone have a part number for a hardtop c pillar without slantback? Or do you use the soft top c pillar?
Are you going to install a factory aluminum m1152 2-door roof or a steel 4 door roof (as in your pic) ? They use totally different parts. The steel roofs will hook up to sponsons in the c-pillar.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you going to install a factory aluminum m1152 2-door roof or a steel 4 door roof (as in your pic) ? They use totally different parts. The steel roofs will hook up to sponsons in the c-pillar.
Steel 4 door top. What c pillar goes with that top. I am also looking for rear curtain but saw that black dog customs makes a fiberglass rear curtain that looks factory.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That m1165 roof is totally different than the steel m1026 style. The steel roof may mount to that back wall, but you are mixing parts from different models. That can get expensive if it doesnt fit.
The m1165 rear wall is the c-pillar.
That clears it up. So the steel roof I posted is for the slantback? They didn't make a pillar for that roof?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1165 has a Hummer HMC4 top. Others have the top and rear curtain as posted.

My point is that there are at least two iterations. Make sure you get parts for one and only one version.

Attachments

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know who sells that top? Part numbers?
This was an original civilian H1 HMC4 top repurposed and stripped down by Uncle Sam. HMC4 civilian tops can be had for at least $5K, or so I am told.

No idea about military part number, but I bought this rig from RWH, and he might have a better idea of where to look for part numbers. (Thank you RWH for the amazing support!)

I have not yet started looking for ECV RevA supplemental TM’s.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is another option…

Hummer H1 just went out and bought Aluminum and made a custom top. Looks amazing. He frequently posts pictures, so I will copy one below. He made a flying nun style roof.

You can also fabricate a roll cage and then attach a custom top. Probably save thousands.IMG_4500.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks