• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1152A1 fuel check valves

Dave2018

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This question is for a 2008 1152 with about 1k miles. It did sit a lot at base but has been running good till losing fuel to filter. Put new filter on when bought. Rechecked that filter, has small bit of rusty looking gunk and filter dirty but replaced again. Checked a 2001 manual but did not find the location of the fuel line supply/return check valves. Want to replace both. Asking first before pulling out a bunch of stuff not needed. Way tighter fit than my 998 was. The engine was never missing or having fuel problems till recently. It started by having to restart a few times and drive but then more frequent. Hope the check valves are just stuck with old diesel.
Thanks for all replies.

Reactions: OBX

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it was running good then suddenly lost fuel to filter, I would start with replacing the mechanical fuel pump before digging into the fuel lines. It's still better to test the old pump, but they are relatively inexpensive, relatively easy to replace, and it's not uncommon for them to fail, so even if it's not a failed lift pump, it's not bad to replace or just have a spare on hand.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for your reply. Doing the fuel pump Saturday. dave
Remember you MUST find a way to push the fuel pump push rod back up and hold it there when installing the new pump or it will immediately fail.
I find it easier to pull the steel plate behind the pump and grease up the shaft and put it back in place, some others have other ways of doing it.
I would of course test first, just replacing parts and hoping for the best is no way to go through life, it still could be the valves.
Most just remove the valves, they are in front of the fuel tank in the fuel feed and return lines.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That pushrod won’t stay up during reassembly.

If it falls down to soon you will break it.

The following is what most of us do:

The cheap way to keep it in place is use a generous dob of thick grease or Vaseline to keep it stuck up there during assembly. The dob of snot will wash away harmlessly after you’re done.

Dave2018

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember you MUST find a way to push the fuel pump push rod back up and hold it there when installing the new pump or it will immediately fail.
I find it easier to pull the steel plate behind the pump and grease up the shaft and put it back in place, some others have other ways of doing it.
I would of course test first, just replacing parts and hoping for the best is no way to go through life, it still could be the valves.
Most just remove the valves, they are in front of the fuel tank in the fuel feed and return lines.
Thanks for the good info. will be looking to check the check valves when doing the tank sock also. Thanks,
dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks