• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1152A1 petering out

Dave2018

This truck is kind of fighting me to get to a regular running unit. 2008 1200 original miles. Mostly in storage in my hometown mc base.
Replaced glo plug controller,/temp sensor when it started not staying lit and truck petered out a few times. Like it ran out of fuel. Put new fuel filter on when brought home. After new controller it stays lit till it times out but after less than a minute or so it shuts down. Have to give it time after restarts before it stays going. Then it idles like a top. This would be lot easier if it was a big diesel gen with suction and pressure gages.
Thanks for reading this post.

Reactions: OBX

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure the fuel pumps are functional and make sure you remove the one way fuel valves.

If this only happens when the tank goes half empty you have a diagnosis. If air pressure added to the tank corrects the problem you have confirmed the diagnosis of poor accessory pump.

If that is not the issue, try replacing the mechanical fuel pump. Ensure you reinstall the little pushrod with grease or gasoline to hold it in place during reinstall or else you will be posting about a broken fuel pump pushrod in the future.

Last edited:

Dave2018

Video did not get uploaded with my post
Make sure the fuel pumps are functional and make sure you remove the one way fuel valves.

If this only happens when the tank goes half empty you have a diagnosis. If air pressure added to the tank corrects the problem you have confirmed the diagnosis of poor accessory pump.

If that is not the issue, try replacing the mechanical fuel pump. Ensure you reinstall the little pushrod with grease or gasoline to hold it in place during reinstall or else you will be posting about a broken fuel pump pushrod in the future.
Thank your for your reply. Looking forward to a regular running truck again. My 998 was so easy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks