• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1161 Growler winch question

JRKJeeper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a new to me 1161 with the winch in front. The big Anderson plug wiring is wrapped around it. Where does it plug into the growler?

W427

Below the headlights, behind the grille, right (passenger) side. Always hot. The plug faces downward to shed water (winch plugs upward). There is another Anderson plug at the rear for if the winch is mounted back there, or for issued jumper cables, etc.

JRKJeeper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thank you! My winch controller is arriving today so I’ll be testing it out shortly. I would never have found that hidden in there with the cover on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks