• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A2 1-Ton Trailer

keyturbocars

Hello, Thinking about picking up a M116A2 trailer. I've noticed that some are rated at 3/4 ton and 1 ton. What's the difference? Does the 1 ton just have stiffer springs. Also, I noticed on some of the trailers that have generators mounted on them, there is a tool box mounted near the front of the trailer. Is this box bolted on and easily removable or is it welded in place? Thanks a lot.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Welcome to the site and please put the state where you live, town would be nice also. M116 is actually the number for the chassis and you are correct the difference is springs. If they put a cargo box on it becomes a M101 but if they put a flat bed or a pioneer box or tool enclosure on it they stay as a 116. It is hard to tell without a picture most gen trailers everything is bolted on and few others wielded.

keyturbocars

Thanks for the replies. Here's a picture I pulled off the internet that is an example of what I'm asking about.

M116A2.jpg

That tool box on the front of the trailer, would it be easily unbolted to have a flat bed trailer, or would it be welded on (or the mounting brackets welded on) and require cutting to get off?

SCSG-G4, Sounds like you are saying that these trailers (1980's build) are welded?

Thanks again.

KsM715

Those tool boxes as well as the fuel can holders on the fenders are bolted on. Excellent little trailers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks