• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A2 info needed

Jersey4x4

I am looking to buy a M116A2 I think. I keep seeing them for sale but they all have the old dodge 5 lug wheels and that just does not seem right for an A2 and they also have the flopping shackles and not the welded on loops like my M101A2 does so what I need to know is what is correct for a 1985 M116A2 trailer? I think it should be 8 lug, surge brakes, no shackles, and a flat bed with fenders and good year wrangler tires. Am I correct? Does anybody have a picture of the correct config for the M116A2? Thanks

Jersey4x4

Thanks for the pics,now for the questions. That has the front bulkhead? Isnt it suposed to be a flatbed? and the lifting/tie down shackles are a pin on arent they suposed to be a welded on loop on the front and a pivoting type loop in the back? It seems like these all have different configurations to them, unlike the M101a1. Did the military just slap the M116s together from left over parts? Thanks

citizensoldier

I have never seen a A2 with the welded loops on the front. I have seen M105A2's that have that. The 116 is the chassis that they used for many configurations.. Pioneer trailers, gensets, box trailers and so on. The A2 was just a upgrade to serge brakes, 8 lug axle for the CUCV trucks HUMMV's and so on. Maybe a A3 has these loops you mention.
I have seen many M101A1 trailers miss tagged as A2 trailers..
That bulkhead slips right out the top so you have a flatbed trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks