• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116a2 recovery from Hooks

combat32

I won this last week during the famous GL computer locks up auction that closed on the 25th, it was listed as a 101a2 but is a M116a2.Lucky for me I had put a lowball bid in earlier and no could get in and snipe me at the end.So I fire up the 1008 this am and head for hooks, it's about 2 and a 1/2 hours each way from my house.

Quite a rodeo to get through the gate and get a security pass for the day, I am still a military ID card holder and still had to jump thru all the hoops.I wound up gettin there an hour early, no problem though the lady there is real nice and a young man went with me to the yard and helped me hook up.

I must say if you have never been to RRAD you should go just to preview something, as you get to drive right through the heart of the complex enroute to DRMO, no cameras though.I did see the MRAP university where I assume they build them, yards and more yards of equipment, much of it looks to be returned from theater ops, some with battle damage waitin to be rebuilt.:drool:Just tons of green and sand colored iron to drive thru on the way to GL.Here are a few pics from when I got home I was solo today so no road shots, trouble free recovery we hooked up plugged in the lights and everything worked.:beer:

Paint is only 3 years old and tires look new, this trailer is from 404th Aviation Support Battalion in 4ID, I was in the same brigade, probably walked right by this trailer a time or two when I was stationed at Hood.

Attachments

combat32

Not at all, 275.I think all the trailers in that event went for about that price because of the computer freeze. I am gettin a real m116 like yours later this month, gonna use it to haul my mule on.

ARYankee

I warned you about it :) My wife went with me last year when we recovered the other deuce. She was even drooling and pointing stuff out rofl
I may have to buy a trailer or preview something just to get my fix :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks