• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m116A2 shock absorber part number

nickd

Anyone know the civilian equal for the shocks? I need to replace them. I also need a replacement hand brake, I will take 2 if they are available. The hand brake cables are fine. Any tan tops for the M116A2 trailer?

acetomatoco

I have the handles brand new for $30 ea... These are the round ones with the roller inside for the cable and the flat bracket with the angled end...plus post from 05822.

Texas Manny

Simply take the shock off. Fully compress the shock and measure eye to eye. Then fully extend the shock. Again, measure eye to eye. Take the shock down to your local parts house, or better yet, if you have a 4x4 shop in your area and they can find you a replacement. All you need to know is the amount of travel the shock has. That's why you stretch it out. There is nothing special to the military shocks. I will be replacing mine with Bilsteins.

elkay12

i have a Rancho # i used just a few weeks ago / RS5006 / these where the offroad model / wanted same to match my truck / all i had to do was drill out rubber bushing / if you dont like the rancho / you could cross the RS5006 # / 52.99 per shock @ O'Reilly

LuckyDog

You could try these places for shocks

MAREMONT CORP
100 WESTWOOD STE 300
BRENTWOOD, TN 37027
Tel: (615) 377-0377 Fax: (615) 221-7185
http://www.maremont.com
PN: BRB7022

HOUDAILLE INDUSTRIES INC
NORTHBROOK, IL 60065-3001
PN: A16695

GREAT AMERICAN INDUSTRIES INC
300 PLAZA DR
VESTAL, NY 13850-3646
MT75

Just some ideas. Haven't tried any of them yet, but that is where the stock system gets them from.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NSN: 2510-00-733-9464
The shock is 11 3/4" collapsed, and 18" extended.
The shock I have has the P.N. that is listed in the post above mine.
The shock also says Gabriel made in Canada.
Greg

Nonotagain

I'm at work using my phone to reply.

The info you need for the shock is posted, just go Monroe's website, download the shock catalog, and search for a shock with the correct ends and compressed and overall length.

I have a file at home with shocks, brakes and bearing part numbers, just not here at the moment.

The Monroe info is in the dealers section. There are three shocks listed that match whats needed for the trailer.

Just getting a automotive equivalent will not work. The shock works OPPOSITE of a normal car shock. It is HARD to compress but rebounds FAST. That is so the trailer doesn't jerk around and the brakes engage smoothly.

lindyp38

I'm at work using my phone to reply.

The info you need for the shock is posted, just go Monroe's website, download the shock catalog, and search for a shock with the correct ends and compressed and overall length.

I have a file at home with shocks, brakes and bearing part numbers, just not here at the moment.

The Monroe info is in the dealers section. There are three shocks listed that match whats needed for the trailer.
THANKS..ILL CHECK THAT OUT.....IN THE MEAN TIME....I HOPE U CAN POST A PART NUMBER FOR ALL TO SEE.....:beer:

I went through this when I was looked for a replacement shock for a m116a2. I spoke with an engineer who looked up the shock in his system and he told me that the shock is specific for the trailer braking system and that a automotive suspension type shock would not work as a substitution, that the internal valving was completely different between the two.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks