• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A2 trailer VIN / serial #'s

flyxpl

I have two M116A2 trailers I am reqeusting SF 97's for . I see a VIN on the data plate , but both trailers have the same VIN . Is thier a seperate serial number I am not aware of ? I have looked and can't find anything .

Nonotagain

I have two M116A2 trailers I am reqeusting SF 97's for . I see a VIN on the data plate , but both trailers have the same VIN . Is thier a seperate serial number I am not aware of ? I have looked and can't find anything .
The only numbers are on the frame data plate mounted on the drivers side frame rail.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members/nonotagain-albums-m116a3-picture5942-m116a4-id3.html

What does your GL invoice list as the numbers? Did you inspect the numbers before removing the trailers from GL?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are the trailers the same year? Same VIN is common on some M116A2s. I had two I had picked up from Ft Drum with the same VIN. There is a thread from last fall regading this very subject.

flyxpl

I believe they are the same year . These were purchased through GSA . They were listed as gens. only even though they were sitting on trailers . GSA will not send a SF 97 unless they are requested . Since listed as gens they have no info on the trailers . If I send these both in at the same time I am sure it will cause problems . I did get the nins on the left side of the frame rail .

ptg530C

Trailers.......get it weighed at a truck scale and then send the weight slip to dan at detroit vintage cycle and he will get you a michigan "homebuilt" tag. in michigan trailers pay one time for a plate, $75.00. michigan does not title trailers, the registration with the plate is proof of ownership. once you get a plate, they will also give you an "application for title"
and they will send you a title if you want for a fee. one more thing, the trailer MUST weigh
LESS THAN 2500LBS. i have 4 trailers bought thru gl and that is how i did it.
Also, for a vin you can use anything you want. call it 14 or whatever because it is now "homebuilt".

flyxpl

I have a few trailers I built with homemade titles . I prefer to not get homemade titles unless I have to . I may use the vins off of the gens .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks