• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116a2 Trailer Wheel Size Question

Sergeant1983

What is the shortest tire I can use to lower my M116a2 generator trailer?

I need to change the 235/85R-16 LR E anyway and figured I could go with 235/80R-16 LR E

Could I go as small as 235/75R-16 LR E?

My overhead cover is 1-3" higher than the trailer. And would like to have more clearance.

I use it like a utility trailer and now and then, just one 5K generator. So it never max capacity.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run 265/75R 16s E rated on both mine.
Both were excellent sets that were off another truck.
I always keep the old set off the truck when I buy a new set of tires.

It is a little shorter than the standard 235/85R 16

No sense buying new tires for the trailers when I have perfectly good tires sitting in a corner.

I think there's plenty of room to run almost whatever you want.
IMG_5662.jpgIMG_5663.jpg
This trailer has my last of the BF Goodrichs. Run nothing but Michelins now.

The wider tire has also plenty of room

What is the shortest tire I can use to lower my M116a2 generator trailer?

I need to change the 235/85R-16 LR E anyway and figured I could go with 235/80R-16 LR E

Could I go as small as 235/75R-16 LR E?

My overhead cover is 1-3" higher than the trailer. And would like to have more clearance.

I use it like a utility trailer and now and then, just one 5K generator. So it never max capacity.

I've run the 235/75R-16 with no issues on M101A2 fully loaded (+++ ).

The 235 does lower the trailer height, and with the same load rating you are not giving up carry capacity.

Since it isn't driven, it doesn't affect anything really except for height.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks