• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A2E1 Recovery.

bolognablake

Well, honestly, it was 100% uneventful. The guys at the GL yard in Fort Campbell, KY were really nice and had it already pulled up by the office waiting for me.

One of the parking brake cables have snapped, and the surge brakes are in-op, I believe due to a kinked brake line. Other than that, she just needs paint.

The Kia handled it just fine, braking was good too, but I was in fourth going up some hills.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That was actually a joke. There are hundreds of threads asking about them. Best we can figure, they are for the jigs used to build the trailers.

bolognablake

Question: For a cheap paint job, do you think I could remove/scuff the loose stuff and rust, then use Klean Strip rust converter, followed by the Behr paint everybody loves? I'm hoping to skip priming to avoid building a makeshift paint booth.

bolognablake

It's painted! I use the paint code for 686 Tan in Behr exterior latex paint found in several threads in the paint and body section. I let it bake in the sun at about *85. Clouds started rolling in, so it'll have to finish curing in the garage.

IMG_20140707_131314.jpgIMG_20140707_131341.jpgIMG_20140707_132508.jpg

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Nice job, is there any info on the Data Plate on the front of the trailer? I think the weird brackets on the outside front may have been ground rod brackets. Some close up pic's of those and the ones on the inside front would be helpful.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great. One of the cool things about MVs is they are like painting the house. Give it a good scrape and start rolling.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks