• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A3 and a 15KW genset

Coley

I have a M116A3 trailer I sold a mep 802A off of, and my dad just bought a 15KW gen (MEP 804A I think). Gen weight is just over 2k and data plate on trailer says max load is little over 3K. Anyone ever try and mount a bigger genset on one of these?

CF

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You should be fine. I haven't hauled one of those, but I've hauled a multifuel in half of a can and it handled it like a champ. I bet that was more than 2klbs. I love the A3 version of these trailers.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I would watch for weight balance over holes lining up. If you don't have enough tongue weight it might flip backward taking off the hitch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks