• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A3 Bustle Rack

Green_gator

Starting a project for my M116A3 trailer that I will use to take all of my camping gear out for my scouts. The base is an M116A3 trailer and I am adding a bustle rack, generator accessory box, two 25 x 25 x 31 aluminum boxes and then a frame above to hang lights, attach awnings and secure kayaks. Finished the first step in the bustle rack last night. I took a M1 bustle rack from Wreckerman and cut out the middle 30 inches. The new rack once welded will bolt to the rear shackle points. It will require mounting two deuce front shackle mounts to the bed to keep the rack upright and then moving the lights further back.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Walter....man that turned out better than I thought it would...good job on the cuts.

They would also be great to make an over the cab rack for a deuce like the Canadians do.

They are about ten feet long in their original configuration.

In case anyone is interested I still have a few of the bustle racks left. They are brand new and were never installed on the M1 Main Battle Tank.

PM if interested.

Green_gator

I have plans to mount the other ones on the deuce. Once I get all the boxes loaded and everything painted I think that this will look good. Nice thing is that this trailer is still light enough with the surge brake to pull with some civilian vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks