• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A3 Flat to Box modification

dirtyfingernails

Modified my M116A3 to make it more useful behing the F250. Powerwashed it, bedlined it, painted it black, put sides on it, changed the tires and wheels to civy 17 inches load range E, put an old duece tool box on the frame rails and made a tailgate. Cheapy marker lights make a nice accent. I even painted the e-brake handles caution yellow. Fun project. Could someone tell me the 12V light bulbs that fit these 24V light housings?

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good Steve. I use 1156 and 97 bulbs on mine. Gotta ask, what's the story with dual tongue jacks?

Last edited:

dirtyfingernails

Kenny,
The wheeled one gets it in and out of the garage and I use the stock one to make sure it doesn't fall on the animals. It's there...might as well use it. I wanted to weld the wheel to stock jack, but it's damaged and moves no more! Hope things are going well for you. You still have your duece wrecker? That is a sweet truck!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny,
The wheeled one gets it in and out of the garage and I use the stock one to make sure it doesn't fall on the animals. It's there...might as well use it. I wanted to weld the wheel to stock jack, but it's damaged and moves no more! Hope things are going well for you. You still have your duece wrecker? That is a sweet truck!
Yup, still have the old war horse. Can't imagine life without a crane.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks