• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m116a3 parking brake sorta stuck

zarathustra

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it was working OK, but it sat for a couple of weeks with the brake on and now one side seems to drag. I towed it around the field a couple of times and the "dragging" side drum was measurably warmer than the non-dragging side.

The cable seems to droop when the brake is released.

So, I'm looking for any tips or experience in getting one of these things released. I know it can be taken apart, but is there a way to get to the offending parts without all that dis assembly?

I looked at the archives, and I didn't see any posts on this particular problem.

So, any best practices or tips on this????

thanks in advance

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Honestly, it would be best to pull the drum off to investigate. It's only a dust cap, cotter pin and the wheel bearing nut

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks