• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A3 put to work

Sundance

Nice!!! I just finished adding side rails to mine in anticipation of putting it to work.

Did you make some kind of adaptor to hook up your lights?

I am starting to look for something to allow both civvie hookup and military hookup.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I added a military plug to the back of my suburban, all the trailer wiring is stock!

Sundance

Here's the pictures of the trailer sides. Still have to paint the hardware and clean everything up. The posts are red oak and the rails are 5/4x6 treated. I moved the tool box down to the tongue.
Now need to fab some ramps and adapt the plug.

BTW I like your splash guards. Make them yourself?

Attachments

Last edited:

41cl8m5

Sundance, WOW that looks great. I'd bet someone would be interested on how you did this. Like a step by step modification post. Of course with all the details like were to get the hardware. Great job.

lavarok

Sundance, WOW that looks great. I'd bet someone would be interested on how you did this. Like a step by step modification post. Of course with all the details like were to get the hardware. Great job.
Ditto! Nice job!

Also - the A3 trailers came with the splash guards...at least my two did.

Sundance

Thanks for the compliments guys. Not trying to steal the thread. I'll post something later with more info if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

dirtyfingernails

Sundance,
Very nice. That is an a2 trailer right? My a3 does not have the pockets for the vertical pieces (staves). I was going to weld some vertical pieces on. I will definitely use your idea though.

Sundance

Sundance,
Very nice. That is an a2 trailer right? My a3 does not have the pockets for the vertical pieces (staves). I was going to weld some vertical pieces on. I will definitely use your idea though.
Yes, its an A2. The weld on pockets ought to work great and allow larger stakes. I was worried at first about the size of mine but they are quite strong. I ran into them today loading my ATV and didn't budge them. :oops:

airspoon

M101A2 'loaded'

I recently hauled 1100 board feet of cherry in my A2. The trailer handled the weight just fine (4800#), but with the lumber cut to 10' lengths, the trip home was a bit touchy. Too much weight behind the axle. It's good to load 'em up once in a while, just to make sure the surge brakes work!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks