• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116AS Tough Enough

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's in a heap out back 'til this heat breaks.

No insurance companies don't work that way, They cut you a check for the replacement cost of the trailer if they can find one. When new my 101A2 was $7500.00 Now with the receipts and time I have in it The replacement cost is $2000.00 . My adjuster would see the reciepts and cut me a check for the $2000.00 and flat bed it to the scrap yard.

Then I would purchase a 1102 for $800.00 and start my new build.

He is guilty " read the note " and will be paying for it!

Doesn't work that way either, your time and work won't be considered.

Repaint you car, put a new motor or transmission in and guess what? You're still getting the the value of the car, not that value plus the upgrades. That's the reality. Better add a rider to your insurance.

Sent the required paper work to the Indiana BMV. Waiting for a replay. SF 97 was $60 and Indiana paper work was $15. No VIN number but SN 15 Look forward to see how this pans out.

So you had an unregistered trailer sitting on a public road?

Do you have insurance covering the trailer?

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my case, An adjuster came to inspect and value my trailer. He was clueless. I provided him with about 8 advertisements(including businesses and classified ads). They took the middle priced ads and averaged them. In the end, I wasn't out any money, just time and my trailer.

BTW, thanks to Eastern Surplus, TNJ Murry and Memphis Equipment. They all provided quotes for my claim. They were all very professional and willing to help.

Cat320B

Reference therealsundance

The trailer had no insurance as I had no title or vin number. The trailer has no damage after inspection. The Indianapolis police came out and inspected the site and made no report. I am waiting for his insurance company to contact me. I am thinking there was no damage to the trailer with the aluminum boxes on the front that added structural rigidity. I am not out to bust this young guy's chops as there was no damage. The M116A3 is tough enough.

The trailer had no insurance as I had no title or vin number. The trailer has no damage after inspection. The Indianapolis police came out and inspected the site and made no report. I am waiting for his insurance company to contact me. I am thinking there was no damage to the trailer with the aluminum boxes on the front that added structural rigidity. I am not out to bust this young guy's chops as there was no damage. The M116A3 is tough enough.

Well then, no damage.

I don't know the laws in your state, but in my AO, it's illegal to park an unregistered/licensed trailer on the road. In fact, the owner is often held liable if someone hits their illegally parked trailer.

Last edited:
In my case, An adjuster came to inspect and value my trailer. He was clueless. I provided him with about 8 advertisements(including businesses and classified ads). They took the middle priced ads and averaged them. In the end, I wasn't out any money, just time and my trailer.

BTW, thanks to Eastern Surplus, TNJ Murry and Memphis Equipment. They all provided quotes for my claim. They were all very professional and willing to help.

Bout $800 or less for an A2 round here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks