• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M123 1400x24 tires needed

CanadaDeuce

hi Guys im on a search for a few good 1400x24 NDT tires for a M123 10 ton tractor, yup read posts seems hard to find, if ANYONE out there has a few good ones with or without rims pls contact me , maybe its time to contact China and get some new ones made and do a bulk purchase, I know there not made in USA but at the size of them Chinese would be the only way to afford them HAHA

I also need a handful of other parts for the truck if anyone is parting any out .

tks Terry

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try B and M Surplus in upstate New York, I got two nice ones from him a few years ago.

CanadaDeuce

tks for that tried him he had a few now has 1 left and its marginal and wants close to $ 700 for it , can you say don't think so ..... must be someone in north America that has 2 good ones horded in a shop someplace

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Memphis equipment may have some. They still have a few 123s laying around.

We have 1400-24s but they are offroad only.

CanadaDeuce

YUP called them too nothing she said they checked the yard , Winer has some but all cracked. can all the M123 owners please stand up HAHA, need 2 tires and a few other trinkets.......... gotta be some around someplace

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
What is the brake drum diameter? Maybe make a 20in bridge truck wheel work. Then use 1600s with tubes.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Red River Parts has a few so so ones on rims. They are all so so as they were last made in the 70's.

CanadaDeuce

I don't think that will work but cant measure it right now, plus I do believe that the inner hub hole is larger to go over hub. Ill find some just gotta shake the bushes
tks for the help .

red

I remember reading on here that the 20" wheels can be made to work with some grinding on the axle for clearance.

Looks like finding tires has been a problem for over a decade on these.

Edit: (correction, lug pattern issues apparently)

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
or some 21in x 15 inch wheel that they are using with the 24R21 tires is a possibility.

MotorTMan

I just recently sold my M123 and for the 5 or 6 years that I owned and restored it, I searched for extra tires constantly. Checked Winers, Adelmanns, etc.. to no avail. The tires they did have were beyond serviceable, and would have probably fell apart after a few miles. I found 4 NDs on EBay that came off a scrapped military grader, good rears, but marginal at best....Good luck on your search

Andy1234

20" PLS wheels (large bolt pattern) will match the bolt circle, but will hit the air cans.
385/95R24 Michelin or Bridgestone tires (OEM on M911 trucks) will fit perfectly, an exact replacement that is 25+ years newer and radial construction. TNJ Murray used to have them, you will need radial tubes and flaps as well as the tires.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks