• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1240 M-ATV

M1224

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oshkosh Defense just offered to bring in the M1240 and do an Annual Service on it for me this summer before I take possession. I'll supply the parts kit, they supply the POL and labor. No charge.

Just can't say enough about the guys in that Oakwood shop. When I go back out in March, I'm bringing them all T-Shirts from the Museum.

Guyfang

Staff member
With only 1-2 exceptions, I have never had bad, or even poor dealings, with Oshkosh. I did a lot of work here in Germany, during the HEMTT A4 fielding. MWO's and upgrades, that sort of thing. Oh, and locating, laying hands on, and checking the transfer run out for slop. 104 HEMTT's. Oshkosh shipped them over, the military was issued the trucks, and somehow, almost all of the issue documents were "lost". Took 8 months to find them all. I found the very last one, hidden behind an old ammo bunker, in Grafenwöhr training area. It seems someone took an Extra truck, used it for the better part of a year, and then left it there. Glad it wasn't a nuke.

M1224

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad it wasn't a nuke.
Well, every company has their "Special" employees. But this facility in Oshkosh, WI has the best. 4 of their guys stayed 4 hours after work to help my shipper load the M1000 trailer from the Training Center grounds. And it wasn't fun either... LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks