• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M127A2C recovery from Greenville today

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Yes sir, once again thank you. I was starting to worry and now im wondering why it was designed like that. I guess I will keep this thread up to date with pictures as I go along. , Jay

Chief_919

Mounted like that they work for each axle much like a quarter elliptical spring set. They work against the center mount below it, so they are inverted.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Picked up a almost new set of float pads from John W. today. Mine were... tooth picks. Im going to start re doing the wood deck on one side due to some rot issues. Il keep posting pics and stuff to show the progress. -Jay

jasonjc

The pads that came with mine aren't too good either. I may make some new one with treated wood or maybe that composit decking stuff. So it will not rot so fast. Just one more thing to add to my list,let's now that will be page #45,694rofl

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Thanks again guys. I agree if you have any tractor you need a trailer on the back. They are not complete without one.

I am pulling 50% of the deck tomorrow and replacing it. And its 30% painted 686 CARC.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Today I went out and spent 4 hours sanding and cleaning the front rack on the M127. I sanded all the oak and made it look new. The pictures really dont show how nice both sides turned out. Im doing all the metal tomorrow then the paint job later this week. -Jay

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks