• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M129A2C Camper Conversion

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I've found that a wire brush that you put on a high speed grinder, works really well, but I come out looking like the abominable snowman. And it's hard to get it even.

SteelWarrior

WHATS THE LATEST ON THIS RIG?? - sorry about the CAPS - I'd love to see some more pics of your progress. As for cutting the foam (which you've prob long since finished) - There are hot wire tools that are adjustable width so you can adjust it to 20" or so and cut each bay at a time.

Thanks for sharing - keep going!

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
WHATS THE LATEST ON THIS RIG?? - sorry about the CAPS - I'd love to see some more pics of your progress. As for cutting the foam (which you've prob long since finished) - There are hot wire tools that are adjustable width so you can adjust it to 20" or so and cut each bay at a time.

Thanks for sharing - keep going!
Honestly, we haven't touched it since the GA rally. And the way things usually go I'll probably keep putting off working on it until I realize the next rally is less than a month away, panic, then bust my butt trying to get something done on it

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking forward to seeing more on the build! Looks great so far. Just a general question, has anyone tried adding a pull out or slide out? I think it would be a lot of work but just thought it would be a neat idea.

jdknech

Looking forward to seeing more on the build! Looks great so far. Just a general question, has anyone tried adding a pull out or slide out? I think it would be a lot of work but just thought it would be a neat idea.
Im currently in the design phase of a slide out on my m971.. its a LOT harder then it looks.. but doable.. it is almost impossable to do a flush floor design with the way my trailer is structured, but with a M129, i think the frame is in the center, and that would make it easier for a flush floor.. I plan to do a raised floor, with the slide floor 2"-3" above the main floor.. the slide will be 2'6" deep, and 17' long.. on BOTH sides..

now enough of my hijack! lets see more m129A2C build..

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for referring us to this thread from the M109 Camper Conversion Thread. I had otherwise missed this one.

I've no read all of this, and like others am looking forward to hearing about your continuing progress.

We also have a Box Van Trailer in NEED of a conversion.

Carry on.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
We still have not done anything further with it, we just bought a house in Tn. So it will play the part of moving van and then we will at some point attempt to continue the camper build. I will keep everyone updated as the build happens so if nothing new is posted, nothing new has happened.