• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135/211 front axles reverse rotation ?

Red Neck

I was reading some older post (2007) about the M135 M211 series trucks having odd/reverse rotation on the front axles. Can anyone confirm what needs to be done to allow use with a current transfercase? Most differential carriers (chunks) can be put in either way, and when installed backward causes many reverse speeds and not many in forward.

I am planing a project using a Cummins (Dodge) with a direct drive auto trans (no overdrive), a 2500 rpm engine, anyone know what the top speed would be with 900-20s?
My biggest concern is the front axle rotation, if anyone could comment, Thanks

tm america

ya i know one of the axles is reverse rotation i think its the middle axle.the t case on those has three outputs one for the front one for the middle and one for the rear if you try to run a any other t case you will not be able to power all the axles and if you power the wrong two it will bind up and not go anywhere

militarytrux

if you're going with this swap you will need to take out the front chuck (pumpkin) and flip it over, there is a need to gring sone of the flange off to clear the right side when its installed in the flipped position. other than that it's pretty easy and they are tough axles.