• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 Brake problem, please help.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M135 on parade

I am even worse At computer skills than mechanics.[/QUOTE said:
Well there we go. I've been laying under that thing for 3 months tryin' to fix it and had no idea it was that perfect until now.

Now that you've mastered both skills, I'll encourage you to put some more pictures up of that unit.....especially if you have it on parade with vets on board. There are few G749's that get paraded anymore and only patient mechanics with big hearts are keeping them on the road. Thanks for workin through her and not giving up, it really is beautiful.

I see a strap across the back over the end-gate. Is that army issue? It's a good idea and if it's part of the truck originally, I would like to find one.

Enjoy the drive!

Seatyger

Great job!!!! Congrats on getting mobile! I bet the grins on the faces of your passengers made the long day melt away...... Nice save and again, A Job Well Done!

joshs1ofakindxj

Attached are 3 pictures I have of Brad's truck from a local parade last fall. My favorite is the one of Brad and his dad with those big grins. That is what makes it all worth it. In the last picture I'm driving my deuce with Brad following behind. There was an M38A1 towing an M416 between us.

Brad, next time remember to put your lights on when you run in a convoy! :beer:

Sorry I didn't get a chance to stop down last night. I got into a mess of projects. I'll see you tomorrow morning between 0830 and 0900. You can go first this time!

Regarding the strap on the back of the truck, I'm told that is required by the military when hauling people, and they are commonly referred to as a "lieutenant's strap". I got one a bit off color at Aberdeen for $5 picked from a pile of misc. webbing and straps. I saw nice ones going for $20.

Attachments

Brad

Well thanks everyone.
It sure is a labor of love. I wouldn't do it if not for Dad.
He won't be able to come tomorrow but my Son Ben, an Iraq war vet will be coming.
Maybe we'll be hauling some vets? Dont know.
I am trying to post a few more pics here.
Thanks again all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks