• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 - Couple of questions

Pearat

I have a couple of quick questions for you all. First, what jack and jack stands are you all using on your m135/211? Second, what is the port on the driver's side of the hood for? I've seen pictures on the internet of some sort of large plenum or blower behind it in the engine bay, but I'm not sure what it is. Thank you.

MDSA

I use a Sears 5 ton bottle jack and 3 ton jack stands that were on sale when I bought my Deuce. Don't think I have ever needed the stands though I tested them when first bought and have used them on other vehicles. The jack has been used many times for changing tires. Works fine

USMC 00-08

I use a 12 ton bottle jack and 6 ton stands.

Is this the port you are talking about? I believe it is for a heater, but my truck does not have a military heater installed right now.

100_1977.jpg

Did you get your transmission figured out yet?

Last edited:

Pearat

Is this the port you are talking about? I believe it is for a heater, but my truck does not have a military heater installed right now.

Yes, that's the port. The blower that goes behind that looks huge in the pictures I saw.

View attachment 532575

Did you get your transmission figured out yet?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. Things got stalled once my kids' school semester started.
I got a few maintenance items done, but the trans is still pending. I was reading the thread on your truck, though, and it's making me want to get back out there. Thanks USMC 00-08

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a set of 6 ton stands from HF and a 20 ton air powered bottle jack from Northern . Air jack is a nice thing , which I also use on my HF Press .

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use a 6 ton bottle jack for everything. I can get 1 wheel up with a 3 ton floor jack, but it is very difficult. I purchased 6 ton jack stands. I set them on 16" squares of double thick 3/4" plywood. The plywood bases works very well on solid ground. I suppose wood blocking could work, but I like the small contact area of the stands on the axles for painting.

Attachments

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the link Warthog. I really do not understand the logic behind that set up. I will look at my TMs again. Everything I have is set up differently with the heater core inside.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks