• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 Just shut off !! ??

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well friends, first thanks for all the advice.
I finally gave in and took my old Garand and just shot the truck to pieces. I have had enough of it.

No, not really, though I have someimes felt like it.
I have to remember to try the easiest fix first.
I was able to get a little time and I changed the rotor. Started right up immediatley. Runs like a top, as it always have.
After changing all those parts, I should have tried it first!!!
Brakes still hanging up though. They have done that ever since we have been working on it.
I do not know what the problem is.
That is for another day.
Thanks so much to all.
My dear old Dad would be appreciative!.
Brad Foust
Maybe you have not thought it out. About the destruction, maybe need mortor and BAR or at least a 30 for company.

There is a TM for that too..,..................................................
View attachment TM 750-244-6_destroy her.pdf

My thoughts how ever are non-inclusive.
I suggest that We are to to save everything that was built to protect us that was built for that service.
Some things, as one expires, are found to be irreplaceable.
Please don't shoot Her.

Last edited:

DUUANE

For the spark issue you may want to leave the cap off, have someone crank the engine and verify the rotor is actually turning. If it is work your way up from there. If youve replaced all the other parts and no short to ground or open circuit exists i would suspect a mechanical issue. Verify the points are actually closing and making solid contact i set my gap with a match book cover or average business card..non magnetic..or use a brass feeler guage set .018". Watch the test light for joy when cranking then move on to the coil and resistor..i usually toss the resistor and use a 12v coil as well..(24v in this case) for mopar eletronic ignitions the first thing i do is loose the resistor, throw the "magic box" as far as i possibly can across the yard and wire in a GM HEI module and custom heat sink to run the show..permanently solve its no start/hot start not going to start every single time you really need it to start problem.

Last edited:

USMC 00-08

i usually toss the resistor and use a 12v coil as well..(24v in this case) for mopar eletronic ignitions the first thing i do is loose the resistor, throw the "magic box" as far as i possibly can across the yard and wire in a GM HEI module and custom heat sink to run the show..permanently solve its no start/hot start not going to start every single time you really need it to start problem.
Can you expound on this a bit? Maybe in another thread so we can keep it in one location. I am always trying to plan ahead on these trucks for when some parts are no longer available. Distributor parts and the military spark plugs are a concern to me since Autolite quit making the military plugs.

Carboarius

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you expound on this a bit? Maybe in another thread so we can keep it in one location. I am always trying to plan ahead on these trucks for when some parts are no longer available. Distributor parts and the military spark plugs are a concern to me since Autolite quit making the military plugs.
Is there a part number for those Autolite plugs? Maybe we could find a worthy substitute. I know it is possible to find replacements for the M151 style plug, hopefully we can for the M211 series.

Mine had an ignition problem too. Discovered that it was the isolator right as the wire goes into the distributor. Had to tear it apart and soldier the wire back together. I was considering switching to an all electronic ignition. I found an ad that says M-series rebuild offers one. Has anyone tried this before? www.mseriesrebuild.com

USMC 00-08

Is there a part number for those Autolite plugs? Maybe we could find a worthy substitute. I know it is possible to find replacements for the M151 style plug, hopefully we can for the M211 series.
I believe it is Autolite 2245. I'm going to see if I can copy your post over into the new distributor thread DUUANE started.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks