• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 & M35 bed question

Mike_Pop

I'm curious...

What are the dimensions of the bed on an M135? Is it narrower than the M35? Will it fit on an M35? I've always liked the look of the M135 beds. (image taken off the web)

Attachments

pa.rich

They are narrower than the M35. About 83" as opposed to the M35 which is almost 96" or 8'. ABOUT I said. I think its gonna look weird on a M35. Wont cover the outside tire width unless you single the wheels. My opinion: the bigger the better. I like the duals and the wide bed. But everyone is different. 8)

Mike_Pop

How about where it mounts to the frame? Are the rails the same distance apart?

I'm going to get a deuce with singles which is why I ask.

Mike_Pop

Maccus:

Thanks for the photo! That's exactly what I want to do! Now if I can only find a bed...

Mike_Pop

maccus:

I'm not that anal when it comes to a vehicle's authenticity. I kind of like the angled look with the straps anyway. I just figured that with singles, having a narrower bed would look better, maybe even pick up some aerodynamics and gain a few miles per hour? Ha!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pipeline bed is only 85 inches wide, not including gin pole hangers or roller, which makes it look okay with singles IMHO.....it does leave a 24-inch space right behind the cab for a rear winch or K-boom or something, though. :)

Mike_Pop

Bjorn,

Good idea...a tool box or sleeper cab can be added. However, I really like the look of the M135 bed because how it looks to have wheel wells.

APM215

I still have the bed off my M135 at dads farm. It has been sitting for a long time and I haven't looked at it. But if you would like I could go take pics?
That and I live in Canada ON.

Andrew.

n1bnc

I personally do not care for wheel wells as they tend to get in the way of loading stuff on to the truck. One other minor headache was pulling the fuel pump on the m135. I was unable to without moving the tank from the truck. The upside is a slightly lower center of gravity, aesthetics are more of a personal thing, but I did enjoy my M135 when I had it. I also like the single wheels over the duals. Tomato tomahto.

FSBruva

Maccus -

That M34 always takes my breath away when I see it. You did an awesome job with that truck.

The M135 bed is the same width as the front fenders and running boards on the deuce. Additionally, the M135/M34 bed does not have the ~6 inch riser between the frame rails and the horizontal plane of the bed itself. This raises the surface of the bed up quite a bit - very noticeable when you put larger tires on a stock deuce.... you have to be pretty limber to get your foot into the step on the tailgate! So, if you parked an M34 (with 1100 tires) back to back to a stock deuce (with 1100 tires) the bed of the stock deuce would be even with the top of the wheel well of the M34. Does that make sense?

It's hard to find M34 beds, as most of them were used by state and county rural fire departments - they tended to cut into the walls of the bed to create better access to the pumping equipment loaded in there. Hard to find an uncut M34 bed. (As explained by Maccus when I thought that getting an M34 bed was a good idea)

Matt

Matt

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks