• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m135 odd ball

n1bnc

Being that it was sorta local, I had to go find the ad and discovered it is the cab and so forth sitting on top of a 1989 one ton. Ugly. Where is that M35 on 1 ton axles photo?? Gack!!

chevyCUCV

Wow i actually have seen this truck in person.
I drove by it a few months ago, sitting in that exact position. Its a newer chevy truck frame with ifs and the body is rotten

It destined to go to china after the damage that has been done

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A good friend of mine just purchased a nice M35A2w/w. The seller included this in the deal. It is a 1952 M211w/w, REB, hardtop, hotwater heater and clear title. As far as I'm concerned he got this for nothing. It is a good runner, shifts good, working brakes, good rubber, 6 original wheels and some M135 wheels with it, working powerpack, working winch, and more. The bad, Some rust on the cab and fenders, missing original rear tandem axles and cargo box, wrong style axle in back.
It looks like the truck once was a civil defense gift to a smalltown Minnesota fire department who then made a wildland firetruck out of it. That seems to be a common story with the G749s here in the Wisconsin /Minnesota area. Judging by the paperwork found in the glovebox, it was sold to a private party in the early 80's and then had to brave the cold outside, no longer in a warm fire station.

The previous owner was a veteran in his 80's who finds joy by making stuff.

What is interesting here is the mounting and placement of the axle. It is mounted at the center of the tandems with leaf springs. It is kind of a nice driver in that it rolls easy without the rear axles binding and fighting each other on sharp slow turns. Too bad he does not have the original 12' cargo bed.

Obviously it will be a cab and bare chassis next week. Then we will decide if it can be returned to something pleasing or just be relinquished to a parts truck. Luckily, the dually box will bring in some cash.

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bobbed g749

If ya squint and blur yer eyes a little...it looks kinda cool Hendersond.....

It's the first bobbed g749 I kinda like.....

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks