• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 pics

Section8

It should say on your data plate on your dash beside your passenger door and glove box. Mine declares my truck as such: TRUCK-CARGO 2 1/2 TON 6X6 M135 CDN. 13-3-1956.
Ahhh. Yellowknife. Lived there for little over a year way back in my young years. Worked the lounge at the airport and for Medic North and the mines. Been down Ragged Ass Road. (Actual road name. I even know the history of it!! Censor if you must.)
Nice looking rig. Hope it has the arctic kit in It. Heater and some insulation.
Coldest it got when I worked the exploration rigs was minus 72 degree Celcius. No kidding have a picture of the readout on our weather station.
Where did you happen to find your rig? Tell us a bit about her and what you have done to her.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is NORTHERN Canada. It's mostly bush an hour north of me and you're 1400km further, awesome. How'd that deuce get up there?

I'll just bet you have some stories on where an Early Deuce can go. If only the tire chains hanging on the side could talk.
I've got 2 56's. 11/7/56, 56-54341 and 16/3/56, 56-53714. Right frame rail number on the July truck is 113505503.....maybe we have sister trucks.
Thanks for sharing the pics and if you have any adventure stories we'd love to hear them.

Stringer

I've had the truck for just more than a year. A number of years ago, approx. 15 i first went for a ride in it. A friend and I went north to a remote hunting camp, vis ice road where we were to help a guy offload some drums of fuel. This guy shows up with a deuce, loaded with fuel drums. Love at first sight.

Anyhow, fast forward a few years. The guy knows that I want first crack if he ever sells. He approaches me last spring and advised that he is selling it.

Thus far I have not done a lot to it. I do have big plans but for now just intend to make it bulletproof mechanically.

Recently I did a brake flush and replaced brake fluid.

Stringer

I believe that this thing spent a good part of its life as a workhorse in a mining damp a few hours north.

It is arctic equipped. I will advise of identifying numbers, as was mentioned this could be a sister truck to a fellow enthusiast.

Small world eh? I work closely with Medic North up here in yellowknife.

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Digging those headlights, something different there.....and the hood, very nice. How about some pics of the arctic set-up :drool:.
You chased that truck for a long time. Is it running? Let us know if you need anything, got a connection that makes the run up there a few times a year. He had 5 at one time but retired them at my place, where we have a nice home for retired G749's.

Sounds like it worked for a long time, 30 years of military service on these trucks, then they went to work. My OD 56' worked in a coal mine, as a service vehicle.

Most of us haven't had the chance to really 'work' the trucks so it's left up to the few grainy 50's to 80's pictures to tell us where they've been. Really appreciate seeing another one survive. Any chance the previous owner carried a camera with him?

:tigger: