• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 single wheels, flipping the hub, dish in or out...options?

merlot566jka

I've got some 11.00x20 singles I want to put on. I like the dished look that the duals have. I want to mount my m135 singles just for a 2200 mile trip that's coming up, mainly for the fuel mileage increase.

Do I HAVE to flip the hubs? (I've seen both configurations with much debate)

Any advantages to flipping the hubs?

Can I run them dish out vs dish in? (dish in is how it's run on the m135, I want the opposite)

This is an on road journey only, so 'tracking' doesn't matter much here.

Load will be less than 1.5 tons in the bed and towing an M105a2 with about a ton in it.

Thanks folks!

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, you shouldn't hurt anything just driving on the road like that. The wider track should add stability.

rainbow

Chamfer the other side of the wheel bolt holes on the 1100 single rims and put them on dished out. If you mount them that way on an m135 hub it will be too wide. Just right on a m 211 hubs

rainbow

In regard to flipping the hubs on a GMC m series. This truck is much more difficult to switch than a m35 or A2. The GMC requires different brake drum adapters the m35 does not. You have to have brake drum adapters like on the front of a GMC to switch the single hub 135s to dual hubs. Also a lot more bolts to remove and replace. Much easier to find some dual hubs to mount on existing axles

andytk5

Hey guys, sorry to drag out an older thread but this was exactly my question for a duece I just bought in the pic.

I'm not quite up on all my lingo but are these the rims you guys are talking about turning around and going "dish-out" with? If not these are the rims my truck has. Can I flip the rears around dish out or do I have to flip the hubs too? The tires are tucked so far underneath the rear. I'd like to widen the rear track if possible by flipping the wheels.

Thanks

andytk5

Oh ok, thanks for the reply.

Since these are standard m35 wheels can these be turned around or am I stuck dish in?

merlot566jka

Oh ok, thanks for the reply.

Since these are standard m35 wheels can these be turned around or am I stuck dish in?
You can turn them around. But it will stick way out if you don't flip the hubs... Will look kinda out of place.

You can flip the hubs and add the duals for the complete look.