• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m135 spare tire mount

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why did they change it to the POO POO thing on the M35? Looks lots easier.

butch atkins

gmc spare tire mount

dont know if you guys have noticed ,but the spare tire carrier is removed on my m211,why ? because if you look under the posts under my name with the pics on this thread you will see that in both pictures the reason that i am stuck is because the #*^! spare tire is what is keeping my truck from moving because it hangs way low and gets hung on anything that you think you will be able to drive over,it is a good way to carry the spare ,and really easy to change a tire with this setup but i woulds advise anyone who is going to trail ride agmc ,remove the entire assy,this is the voice of (bad) experience speaking,if your going to be an asphalt queen leave it on ,if not put a spare or two in the bed ,and a comealong ratchet cable in the bed of the truck to get a tire into the bed if you have to change it ,and remove the entire assy,just my 2 cents worth from truly bad experiences,good luck to all on your projects

butch atkins

low rider spare tire mount

to put it in proper pespective,look at the last picture of hippiedudes truck in this post,on level ground for an m211 it is only 13.5 inches to the bottom of the tube for the spare tire carrier ,it is 24 inches to the bottom of thecab step,and 28 inches to the bottom of the fuel tank,an m135 sits about 2 inches higher because it runs 11.00-20 tires ,so not much difference at all ,still hangs way to low for off roading,i just went and took measurements with a tape measure of my m211 thats where the numbers came from,and then you have the problem of a 44 inch diameter tire laying horizontally underneath the truck ,when i go on a road trip i do put the tire and carrier on the truck it only takes 4 bolts to take it on and off,had to leave a flat tire on the trail once because i had the spare in the bed,but forgot the cable come along to get the flat back in to the bed,went back later and got it ,learned the hard way on that trip,good luck to all on your projects

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks