• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135

IGWT

After a long wait I finally got the truck. A buddy and I with a medium sized tractor got the excavator arm and outriggers up without cracking a single line. We just had to put pressure on the parts we were moving and move levers and the the fluid returned. 10 miles in to a 45 mile tow a rear tire exploded while going 45 mph. It sounded like a bomb going off. Then a low boy had to take me the rest of the way. The boom had to be lowered to go down the road so it took two big tow trucks to get me to my shop. Now just have to wait a couple more weeks for my concrete to dry for my new 14 foot door and it will be inside. It is a big relief to have it here and safe and I am looking forward to getting her back in shape. Sorry about upside down pics. When down loading to this site even if I upload them upside down they are still upside down!

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G749 Digger

This whole year has been a bit upside down so I fixed them.

Glad you made it safe and sought professional help for the move. Blown tires are only cool when you're attached to a heavy hooker. Ya never know when an old rubber is gonna let you down.

I think that truck is Blue Rare with a touch of unusual. What's the plan now that you have it home?

Attachments

IGWT

Thanks for up righting my pics! First order of business is getting it started and verifying if the tranny is shot. If it is I have a buddy who has been building trannys for 30 years and he owes me a pile of favors. So I can get a pro rebuild on it for about the cost of parts. After that old tire blew today I am already trying to find and price a brand new set of tires. Most of those tires on the truck may be original or close to it. I want to get it cleaned up and everything working/reliable. Then I will start making it look nice. I don't plan on a full resto, but I want it to be nice.

ducer

No luck on getting the ho engine freed up? Cool truck forsure I wish I had something from my grandfather, stupid exwife gave it all away thats how she became an ex.aua

Denny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks