• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M142 Cradle and M66 Gun Ring

David_4x4

Just received my M142 Cradle. Tried placing it in my ring mount, but the darn thing is to short to be caught by the pintle lock to be captured and secured.

TM 9-1005-245-14 says this cradle and ring should work and has no mention of adapters etc.

What's up?

David_4x4

I discovered there's a short pintle and long pintle. Couldnt find a long one, so I took a blank UPA I found. Canabilized the mounts, gave the cradle the UPA pintle and we're all set.

1958 M274

Do you need a M60 dummy? If you are interested, I sell replicas that are ready to be vehicle mounted. Just google M60 replica, I'm the first one to come up...

David_4x4

1958 M274 said:
Do you need a M60 dummy? If you are interested, I sell replicas that are ready to be vehicle mounted. Just google M60 replica, I'm the first one to come up...
Thanks for the offer, but I have an NFA one. 8)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
David 4x4 - we hate you. We all hate you very much. :)

Joe - do you happen to make ONLY the M60 dummy receiver? I have a parts kit ready to build up on a dummy receiver, sent an email to IRAC and they said they were out of stock.

1958 M274

Thanks for the offer, but I have an NFA one.
:drool:

Joe - do you happen to make ONLY the M60 dummy receiver? I have a parts kit ready to build up on a dummy receiver, sent an email to IRAC and they said they were out of stock.
Hi Mike,
We use a newly cast trunnion and everything (barrel, trunnion, receiver rails, op rod tube, etc.) is welded together. So, no, I don't sell just the receivers. We can't keep up with the demand for complete replicas, so doing parts too is not feasible at this time.