• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 box on a 5 ton?

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 146 trailer seems similar weight ~7k lbs as the m934 box, and a couple feet longer..

How feasible would it be to relocate the exhaust and spare tire carrier and bolt up the 146box minus the trailer frame/running gear to an m934 which already has the extra long wheelbase...

Might extend about a foot past the bumpers... But...

Thoughts?

I don't like the folding aspect of the expando van... M109 box is too small...

Figured it'd be cheaper to get a 146 and slap it on than to have the slideouts removed and welded up... And gain more space in the process..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The expando is 17' and the 146 box 22'. Even if you relocate exhaust and spare rack, I think you will overhang more than a foor. It should be just fine except for towing.

av8or

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The m146 trailer makes a very nice box in which to build a camper. I did a 3pt. mount for the box as I didn't want to twist it as the truck frame twists. You may want to stretch the truck wheelbase a little after you do a weight and balance depending on the interior.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you could find a bolster trailer you could mount the box on that.

It would allow you to keep the cargo aspect of the truck while being able to pull the box without a tractor.

I put the bed off my M927 on one and it fit good. It also pulls good behind the other M927 that is holding down some sod here at Akenback Acres.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Easiet way to do the frame on that truck is simply to slide the tandem back and just add real estate to the rear. No real advantage to a center cut/stretch. Should be able to score the aft few feet of a parts truck pretty easily. Lots of 939 trucks getting boned.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks