• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 Dimensions

oldMan99

I tried to find a TM that would show these numbers but I have been unable.

All I need is:

1: Inside height (Floor to ceiling)

2: Total outside height from the ground to the top of the roof. And since it affects the height, what size tires you have.

3: Distance from the front wall to the front (leading) edge of the side door.

4: Distance from the front edge of the trailer to the center of the king pin.

Thanks in advance!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TM you need is TM 9-2330-227-14&P

There are "early and later" versions of the trailer. The dimensions vary, depending on which trailer you have.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
here's the TM

you should be able to save that to your own computer.

Attachments

oldMan99

Outstanding DH, Thanks!!

I did find #1 and 2 but not 3 and 4.

3: Distance from the front wall to the front (leading) edge of the side door.

4: Distance from the front edge of the trailer to the center of the king pin.

Since I see you have one let me ask you this, how tall are you and do you find the ceiling to be to close for comfortable use as a RV? Reason I ask is I am 6'1" and according to the TM that only leaves me 3".

Also, is there any insulation in the walls or ceiling?

Lastly, without completely redoing the underside of the trailer, are there any "Stock" provisions to add a second axle? (I rather doubt it but you never know...)

Thanks again!!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't been in mine enough to say, about the height. I have simply dragged mine home so far. It's way to cold today, for me to go out and look(sorry). Hopefully Rayzer can help today.

RAYZER

I'll get those numbers for you today. I'm 5'11" and the ceiling height is good for me. The ceiling,doors and walls have fiberglass insulation. The m146 has a removable axle setup,I don't think there's a good way to add an axle. Look at a m129 12ton trailor, it might fit your needs better.

oldMan99

I'll get those numbers for you today. I'm 5'11" and the ceiling height is good for me. The ceiling,doors and walls have fiberglass insulation. The m146 has a removable axle setup,I don't think there's a good way to add an axle. Look at a m129 12ton trailor, it might fit your needs better.
Rayzer,

Thanks for the info, and thanks in advance for the measurements. I don't have a 146 but I have a member willing to sell me one.

On your advise I looked up the M129 (Also found the M127 in the same TM). The 129 may be an even better fit for me than the 146 as it is just a bit longer, has 2 axles and is slightly taller inside. It does not have a side door but I could put one in easily enough. Do you happen to know if it like the 146 is insulated?

Do you (Or anybody else reading this) happen to know where a M129 is available for sale? I did check GL and set up a search agent to keep an eye out for me, but of course that is no guarantee...lol.. I'll post a "Wanted" ad in the classifieds and see if that helps too.

I have to say, of all the sites I have been involved with SS is by far the most useful community around. My thanks to the Admins/owners.....

Last edited:

jasonjc

Yes the M129 has the same insulation as the M146. The M127 is the flat bed, there is also a M128 van but it does not have windows. With any of these trailer I would remove and replace the insulation. With 30-40 years of who knows what in that stuff , just think mold and CS and who knows. Some new fiber glass or foam would go a long ways to your health.

oldMan99

Yes the M129 has the same insulation as the M146. The M127 is the flat bed, there is also a M128 van but it does not have windows. With any of these trailer I would remove and replace the insulation. With 30-40 years of who knows what in that stuff , just think mold and CS and who knows. Some new fiber glass or foam would go a long ways to your health.
Point well taken. Will make sure to wear proper PPE to avoid breathing any of that cr@p in!

I could use the M128 and install a few windows so that model would work as well, IF I can find one...

M129 or M128, either one....

RAYZER

Well, I went out to work on the m146 today and forgot my tape measure,go figure. But I did however measure the distance from the front wall to the leading edge of the side door as being 5.5 size 10 work boots which translates into about 66" lol. Due to some water damage I started the tearout of the ceiling panels starting at the front,I got the first panel out, the insulation was bagged and looked fine but I think i'll replace it with foam board, and the panels with 3/16 finish plywood. I think I'm going to not tear the walls out,there not bad . I'll be doing custom wood treatment half way up the walls as well as crown mold and baseboard. Also on the agenda is a fully functional bathroom,small kitchen,ac and heat and some other comforts I'm sure!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks