• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 RV Conversion

agazza2

After looking at your photos again of the clearance on your landing gear, I hope that I will have enough clearance when I go to pick mine up. I will have to post the clearance so others can consider this when considering buying one of these trailers for the M931/M932A2s in the future. Thanks for this information.
Rayzer,
I picked up my M146 with the M931A2, and as you said the clearance is close. My M146 did not allow me to flip up the landing gear feet. The mudflaps have to be removed on the M931, and the feet will clear the edge of the tires on most turns. It is when you get into a unlevel surface that they slightly rub on the edge of the tire tread. The feet will be modified slightly to provide the clearance needed. Thanks for making me aware of this issue. Just need to do larger tires now on the trailer to level the trailer. Most likely super singles. Attached is the photo of the trailer and truck combo.
M931A2 and M146 trailer.jpg

RAYZER

Rayzer,
I picked up my M146 with the M931A2, and as you said the clearance is close. My M146 did not allow me to flip up the landing gear feet. The mudflaps have to be removed on the M931, and the feet will clear the edge of the tires on most turns. It is when you get into a unlevel surface that they slightly rub on the edge of the tire tread. The feet will be modified slightly to provide the clearance needed. Thanks for making me aware of this issue. Just need to do larger tires now on the trailer to level the trailer. Most likely super singles. Attached is the photo of the trailer and truck combo.
View attachment 414705
Very nice looking 931a2 you have there agazza! And m146 too! Jacking up the back of the trailer just might work, will super singles fit?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm a little worried - a semi-trailer isn't a house. A house is built and stays put. However a semi-trailer moves and hits bumps and yes, it FLEXES a little bit. I just hope after all the work you put into it, that you don't take it for a long ride one day, and end up finding boards and trimwork all pulled out of their nails, due to the trailer body flexing a bit during it's movement.

RAYZER

I'm a little worried - a semi-trailer isn't a house. A house is built and stays put. However a semi-trailer moves and hits bumps and yes, it FLEXES a little bit. I just hope after all the work you put into it, that you don't take it for a long ride one day, and end up finding boards and trimwork all pulled out of their nails, due to the trailer body flexing a bit during it's movement.
No worries maddawg, I have so far loged almost 2500 miles on this rig, and have had only one piece of crown molding pop loose.
It's actually holding together nicely!
This trailer being only 23' long, doesn't have much opportunity to flex, its built very rigid.
It does bounce around though, on the last trip the flat screen hit the floor!
Heres the water heater mocked up!
Before I mount the flange, I must pull out the dent on the corner.
uploadfromtaptalk1362872070429.jpg

caliber1

Looks good Ray, perfect spot for it too.[thumbzup][thumbzup]

Mike, I work on RVs and coaches all day. Most are not as well built as this. Most are stapled together junk. Ray has done a good job.

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It really doesn't matter how far away your heater is, IF you use a recirc line. Run .5 inch pex from farthest hot water tap back to heater. Put a small pump on it and bring it back to the drain or cold water inlet of heater with a check valve to prevent back flow. You'll have hot water quickly with out waste. PM if you are interested in a simple drawing. LOVE YOUR WORK!

God bless,
Tony

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job Ray, as always. Your attention to detail shows!

Maybe an RV company will hire you to engineer their rigs!

Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks