• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 RV Conversion

Jakelc15

Got a chance to try out the new grill today! I had been looking for a portable gas grill to incorporate into the camper and wanted one that was compact enough to store underneath the back of the trailer in the available space, and this one fits.
I plan to fabricate a removable swing out mount on the back corner of the trailer, and hook up the gas feed to the grill via a quick connect.
Found this one on ebay for $135.00 shipped, all stainless, 2 burner 20,000 btu, 270 sq in of cooking area and comes with a cover! I'm really impressed by it's performance!View attachment 426808View attachment 426812View attachment 426813View attachment 426814
I really need to start on my trailer. Steak and yuengling, my favorite!
I hope my camper conversion turns out as comfortable looking a yours.

RAYZER

This is in real time! Out here now cooking steak and enjoying some cold one's! Been here all day working on the trailer, we get a lot of use out of this project!uploadfromtaptalk1368571221126.jpguploadfromtaptalk1368571252132.jpg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is in real time! Out here now cooking steak and enjoying some cold one's! Been here all day working on the trailer, we get a lot of use out of this project!View attachment 428455View attachment 428456
You sure know how to torment your fellow addicts! My bride is out of town and I'm feeling lazy.... that food looks much more enjoyable than the cold leftover Tuna, Macaroni and Veggie Salad I just "enjoyed". LOL

RAYZER

Upgraded the entry door latch with a keyed garage door handle, the only mod that had to be made was to shorten the square shaft and drill a hole for the inside handle pin.
Before the mod, someone could easily lock you in by just collapsing the handle down:Duploadfromtaptalk1370279566611.jpguploadfromtaptalk1370279589509.jpguploadfromtaptalk1370279616921.jpguploadfromtaptalk1370279633706.jpg

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, does that one NOT fold down? Or, does it not fold down only when locked?
I'm just concerned about things that could catch when we're pushing through some bushes. :-/

caliber1

I'm sure it does not fold down, and Rayzer's trailer will NEVER see any bushes ..... of the trail riding variety. :beer:
So, does that one NOT fold down? Or, does it not fold down only when locked?
I'm just concerned about things that could catch when we're pushing through some bushes. :-/

RAYZER

Turn the t handle 90 degrees to the left to open the door.
There is always the possibility that something could snag on the handle, but the awning hardware sticks out alot farther than that!
I'll just have to be careful when draging it through the florida swamps:D

RAYZER

Thanks everyone for your positive ongoing support!
Lately,
I have been spending a couple of nights a week in the trailer,its very relaxing out there!
I have a couple of more systems planed to go in this year, stay tuned!

budM931

awesome build ray! just bought one a couple days ago and plan on doing the conversion to it also. get to pick it up on Monday.the guy I got it from said I should get on this sight and look at some of the pics on here! I cant believe what you have done with your's . last December I picked up a M931-A2 out of nelis afb so im excited about this addition for my truck.

RAYZER

Welcome to the site and m146 club bud!
I think the m146 trailer is an excellent platform for a camper or command center build, but I'm probably a little bias!
My advice to you, if I may give some, is to (first) seal up the roof with some approved coating, there are alot of seams up there and they are prone to leak.
I look foward to your upcoming project thread, and hope that you'll keep us supplied with plenty of pic's of your progress!

jets1959

awesome build ray! just bought one a couple days ago and plan on doing the conversion to it also. get to pick it up on Monday.the guy I got it from said I should get on this sight and look at some of the pics on here! I cant believe what you have done with your's . last December I picked up a M931-A2 out of nelis afb so im excited about this addition for my truck.
Leave a link to your build thread here, so we can follow it! Thanks and good luck with your project! You found the guy with the answers here!

agazza2

Rayzer, what are your recommendations for capacity of balck and grey water tanks? Also a good source that you have found to buy these from at reasonable prices? I picked up my fresh water tank yesterday, but the balck and grey water ones seem high priced. And did you use 1/2" or 3/4" PEX tubing going to your shower? Thanks in advance for the info

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks