• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 RV Conversion

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's awesome and you could pull a support trailer behind as well!
I have a Teflon disk on my trailer fifth wheel plate (no grease needed), using the ramps tends to tear it up.

The rear equipment on M348A2's are a nice extra. My M373A2 is also equipped this way.

Attachments

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's awesome and you could pull a support trailer behind as well!
I have a Teflon disk on my trailer fifth wheel plate (no grease needed), using the ramps tends to tear it up.
Found out the guy that picked up my ex-M348A2 also towed a M1008 behind it to it's current location.
I wish he had sent me a pic of that!

RAYZER

Found out the guy that picked up my ex-M348A2 also towed a M1008 behind it to it's current location.
I wish he had sent me a pic of that!
That would have been an interesting pic!
Do you have any data as to how much weight that type of trailer tandem hitch is rated to pull?
The m146 is not set up for tandem tow, it would be nice to be able to pull a small lightweight support trailer behind (like an 1101),of course that would require a permit.
I have very little support storage capability when taking a rally trip.

RAYZER

Upgrade to my sound system by adding a remote controlled 60w sound bar with Bluetooth and sub woofer!
The new flat screen with built in dvd player (big space saver)replaced the old flat screen that went defective.
I had originally planed to install speakers In the ceiling and pre ran speaker wire to locations, but this sound bar gives me great simulated surround sound that greatly increases my lazyboy recliner exsperiance!uploadfromtaptalk1407061042773.jpg

agazza2

Looks good Ray, I like the idea of having the TV with the DVD. I have been also some progress on my M146. Wish I was at the point you are :) I do not even want to look at the receipts until this project is done. Keep up the excellent work.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Ray. Always an inspiration! Ya never know, the wires are already ran. What would you be hauling in the support trailer? Maybe "Thule" pods could be mounted to the top of the Taj? Aerodynamic and water proof. Use a grid structure so you don't have to put any holes in your trailer?
Anywho, great work and a asset to be enjoyed!

God bless
Tony

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have any data as to how much weight that type of trailer tandem hitch is rated to pull?
The m146 is not set up for tandem tow, it would be nice to be able to pull a small lightweight support trailer behind (like an 1101),of course that would require a permit.

I'm still waiting for a pic from the guy pulling the M1008.
The rear pintle itself is rated for 18k. I have not found the definitive tow rating of the trailer yet.

SLOrazorsedge

Nice brother! Hey I just scored a NOS single axle with BUDD hubs. Can't make up my mind whether to mod my M146 axle or Mr my Calif wheel converter dolly yet. Didn't you dual out your M146? If so with what wheels and sized tires? Thanks dude!

SLOrazorsedge

Thanks Rayzer, mine also came with NOS NDT 9:00X20's but hooked up to my M932A2 its at a pretty significant rake. I'd like to get 14RX20s under it. I have a bunch of NOS Goodyear 11RX20s but they only give me 3" of lift over the 900's. The NOS BUDD axle will give me spring brakes too under the M146. So the decision is modify the converter dolly and get rid of the so called Calif wheels and mount the 11R20s on the dolly and M146 and pull it via pintel or mod the M146 with the BUDD axle and mount 14R20s and have spring brakes. Decisions...

RAYZER

Thanks Rayzer, mine also came with NOS NDT 9:00X20's but hooked up to my M932A2 its at a pretty significant rake. I'd like to get 14RX20s under it. I have a bunch of NOS Goodyear 11RX20s but they only give me 3" of lift over the 900's. The NOS BUDD axle will give me spring brakes too under the M146. So the decision is modify the converter dolly and get rid of the so called Calif wheels and mount the 11R20s on the dolly and M146 and pull it via pintel or mod the M146 with the BUDD axle and mount 14R20s and have spring brakes. Decisions...
Sounds like a plan!

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not much, but better than nothing.
Too bad the guy that took this cell phone pic did not get one of the tow bar hookup.
I'm told it towed like the M1008 wasn't even there.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks