• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 RV Conversion

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I vote for "red" curtains. Gotta give it some Zing, ya know? (Like the whole thing doesn't "zing" already!) Like the photo of the whole parking area. Neat, orderly.....everything has a place. Thanks for the pics,,,,, what a beaut,,,,

Another Ahab

Rayzer, do the joints in the build-out open up at all when you drive the trailer around?

I have to believe they would, but am I wrong and does it all stay pretty tight overall?

RAYZER

I'm leaning towards red also,
I originally made the red sets for the throne room which I think look great in there, but now may make another 7 sets for the salon and kitchen!
More opinions?

RAYZER

I bought the material at a garage sale for 10 bucks, the lady said she paid over $100.00 for the 4 yards!
There's alot of gold and copper tones in the material and the patterns cool!
I'm convinced now to make the rest and give the "Taj" a face lift inside!
I know sewing up some curtains don't sound very manly... but in my defense, I did custom upholstery professionally for years and still have the equipment!
Photos under different lighting.
uploadfromtaptalk1421882123984.jpguploadfromtaptalk1421882142685.jpg

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! What a shade difference from the lighting. I can imagine that bein some high dollar cloth. Manly? Heck, why not? Sewing, cookin, weldin, wiring, mechanics? They are all skills. Don't know if there is a "womanly" or a "manly" type. A multi-talented individual can do MANY things. Gotta have the right tools for the job, and if you do, then I say GO FOR IT! Does the cloth have a light blocking agent on the back side?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know sewing up some curtains don't sound very manly...
I think it's plenty manly!

One of the topics that was taught in Marine boot camp (in my day anyway) was sewing, because "Your mama ain't gonna be there to fix your sh** in the field..." We were even issued OD green sewing kits. I still have mine, though its well used now.

Cheers

Another Ahab

I bought the material at a garage sale for 10 bucks, the lady said she paid over $100.00 for the 4 yards!
I know sewing up some curtains don't sound very manly... but in my defense, I did custom upholstery professionally for years and still have the equipment!
I think it's plenty manly!

One of the topics that was taught in Marine boot camp (in my day anyway) was sewing, because "Your mama ain't gonna be there to fix your sh** in the field..." We were even issued OD green sewing kits. I still have mine, though its well used now.

Cheers
Our Company Commander at Great Lakes (BT1 Driscoll: you out there you Cad!?), taught us, among many other things, how to sew on buttons ("you'll use this someday"); one of the good things I took away from the Navy. The Navy; it's not just a job, it's an adventure!*

(*non-paid political announcement)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
View attachment 538447View attachment 538448
Heck...If I knew how to sew stuff and cook something I would feel ALOT more manly!! I've actually tried both....:oops: and I'm permanently banned from MB's sewing room and I'm not allowed to use the stove or microwave oven!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks