• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 RV Conversion

Vintage iron

What are you doing for sleeping arrangements or is that what the recliner is for! Are you leaving it all original on the outside?
Let's see some more pictures and great job, BTW!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are you doing for sleeping arrangements or is that what the recliner is for! Are you leaving it all original on the outside?

Sleep ?!?!?

Who needs SLEEP ?!?!?

There will be plenty of time for THAT after you die ! ! ! !

(Please note that my allergies are giving me a sleepless night and I'm posting this at 0450 hrs ! ! ! <sniffle, sniffle, snort>)

RAYZER

I can get a good nights sleep in a recliner so thats a must!
There will also be a small pull out rv style couch or futon.
The exterior will remain original in color,however I will be adding some underslung toolboxes and a pulldown awning.
I should be posting some more pics after this weekend of progress made.(crazy bussy at work).
I'll be pulling it down the street on Sun to a friends house to have the mounting brackets made for the tool boxes,holding tanks ect.
I will continue to work on it there untill the time I pull out for the Ga rally! wish me luck!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You better be carefull Rayzer, Zout might just try to hook onto that work of art to sorta match his M109 Palace.:shock:
Heck...I might even try to hook my raggety ole POS to it when you ain't lookin!:idea:

RAYZER

You better be carefull Rayzer, Zout might just try to hook onto that work of art to sorta match his M109 Palace.:shock:
Heck...I might even try to hook my raggety ole POS to it when you ain't lookin!:idea:
I got the grand tour of zout's rig last ga rally,that m109 is very nice!!
imagine.....i come back from a trail ride and my m146 is gone :( I would have to sleep on the cold ground,the horror!

I have a new pic here somewhere....

RAYZER

not much work done this weekend but managed to get some things moved around,hooked up the deuce road tractor conversion to the trailer and pulled it down the street to Walts house to have brackets fabed,i will continue to work on it there.

Attachments

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BUMP!!!

Hey Ray, hows the M146 project coming? I hear you have been painting and installing new landing gear; where are the pictures? We all want to see and hear about your progress!!![thumbzup]

RAYZER

17 days untill d day and alot left to do! i have been puting in many hrs on this project and have gotton most of the hard stuff out of the way, would be two days farther along if it wasn't for the severely pinched nerve in my neck caused by doing all that overhead work,couldn't move for two days,IT WAS QUITE PAINFULL!!
The things i go through for this addiction.

Thanks to Walt and Steve at walts repair service they have been a huge help(where the trailer now sits and im able to work on it any time,even late at night),i am having them fabricate and install the framige for the holding tanks and gen,their also fabing brackets to hang the tool boxes,they also installed the landing gear set and fabricated bracing, found the landing gear on cl , right down the street,this eliminates a big headake because i was having to remove one side of the gear to move the trailer and put it back on when i droped it,the one leg was way to long,i think it came off of a low boy.

Oh! the trailer is all painted inside! i'll post those pics in a couple of days when i get the crown mold and baseboard finished.